Life is a collection of many unique and beautiful never-ending experiences. Sometime these experiences surprise you with sheer joy.This act of surprise I faced yesterday night when my nine years old son Subhajeet (Pet name Kuchi) asked some unique and beautiful questions.
Q>1) Father please tell me how Me (Subhajeet) and my elder brother Aditya came to this world after your Marriage ?
Q>2) What was present before the creation of everything ? How Life originated on Earth?
Q>3) What do you feel about Supreme Being(God) ? How Supreme Being (God) Created ?
He want the answers of those questions which were according to him was very easy and his father must know.
But the fact that answers of these ultimate questions were searching by many Enlightened people throughout the ages and also will be searched throughout the coming ages.
Here I try to answer those supreme and beautiful questions by my small knowledge which I gathererd throughout my lifelong (till now) education and Inner-experiences .
On the beginning part of my answers I explain it by the Modern tool of Scientific and Technological knowledge and truth. The remaining part of the answers I explain from the knowledge references from the Ancient Vedic texts, Gita and also from the other Ancient texts from different religions.
Q>1) Ans) Biological part of this question can be answered by the description of the different process of human Reproduction.
- Mating between male and female after marriage.
- Fertilization of eggs by male Sperms.
- Journey of fertilized egg towards uterine wall.
- Development of Human egg in Uterus.
- Formation of Embryo. Formation of placenta.
- Nine month development of embryo within the Mother`s Womb.
- Formation of different part of the body like Hands, Legs,Brain,Skeletal system,Initial facial development, Vital organs like Heart,Kidney, Lung within the mother`s womb.
- Formation of Umbilical cord which draws nourishment and food from the mother`s stomach to the unborn baby till he born.
- This long and very complex Human Reproduction process find its unique path or direction after Billion yaers of Evolutionery process.
- Recent study shows that very primitive and microscopic animals like Bacteria only replicate itself into billions of clones.
- Worm like animals like Class Annelida and Helminths have asexual reproduction and just form their clones.Therefore they very slowly evolve.
- The speed of evolutionery process get its momentum when the sexual organs for both male and female was developed Example : Early fishes like Sharks.
During the sexual reproduction genes of both males and females mixed up and the resultant new combination of genes produce new types of baby who continue that paricular species evolution.
|Reproductive Organs of Invertebrates|
Biological reproduction process can answer that Scientific part of that Question No 1) .
Boundery of Science become end when we asked these simple Questions like.
- Why every living beings were exists in these world ?
- What happen after death ? Wheather death is the ultimale end of us ?
- Is rebirth is possible ?
- What is soul or feeling of Myself ? Is it different from our brain ?
- Wheather Soul come to Physical earth time after time until attaining his/her Nirvana ?
Without knowing the answers of those above question, my answer of the first question is incomplete.
Without knowing the journey of our soul towards our physical body, cannot complete the first answer.
Science of reproduction only describe how our physical body get its shape from our parents genes but what if our true exsistence of "MYSELF" not only present in our physical body but in our "SOUL" .
- According to Gita "SOUL" change his physical form or body like we change our Shirts and Wearing.
- After the death of our body, our "SOUL" again search for another new body for attaining new life and new experiences which will enrich the soul for future "NIRVANA"
- "NIRVANA" means the highest and ultimate destiny of all SOULS. At this stage SOUL may fully connect with the "SUPREME SOUL" or GOD and free from repeatative circular path of Birth , Death and Rebirth.
Birth --------> Attaining Old Age -----------> Death
-----> Birth --------> Attaining Old Age -----------> Death and goes on.
- Reincarnation or Rebirth best describes the concept where the soul or spirit, after the death of the body, is believed to return to live in a new human body, or, in some traditions, either as a human being, animal or plant. This doctrine is a central tenet within the majority of Indian religious traditions, such as Hinduism (Ancient Vedic texts Gita,Mahabharata etc) Jainism, and Sikhism; the Buddhist concept of rebirth is also often referred to as reincarnation. The idea was also fundamental to some Greek philosophers as well as other religions, such as Druidism, and later on, Spiritism, and Eckankar. It is also found in many small-scale societies around the world, in places such as Siberia, West Africa, North America, and Australia.
|Reincarnation or Rebirth|
- Buddhist text named "Jataka Tales" confirmed and told the previous births of Lord Buddha. The word "Buddha" mean the supreme enlightened person who directly connect with supreme SOUL or GOD.
|Buddhist text named "Jataka Tales" confirmed and told the previous births of Lord Buddha. The word "Buddha" mean the supreme enlightened person who directly connect with supreme SOUL or GOD.|
- African ,Australian Aboriginal people donot believed in our modern reproduction process. They believed that before the childbirth bodyless SOUL enter into the body of the new born baby.
- Modern Noetic Science : Try to explain the abnormal Psychic Phenomena , SOUL power ,Intention power in the light of New Scientific discovery on the field of 1) Quantum Physics 2) Astrophysics 3) Neurology 4) Electromagnatic field study 5) Psychology etc .
- They also believe in rebirth and exsistence of SOUL.In an Experiment they confirmed that just after the bodily death of any person in an airtight chamber (without any external interference) very smal amount (Quantum amount) of weight decrease from the deadbody. This incident according to them is the proof of forsaking the body by the soul after the physical death. (Ref: The Intention Experiment By Lynne McTaggart , Lost Symbol By Dan Brown)
- Therefore in our living world where our physical body is the main source for attaining different experiences by our Karma throughout our journey of life.
|Lord Shiva`s Family|
- Here Birth means the Birth or start of any species or person`s Physical Body andDeath means Death or end of any species or Person`s Physical Body.
- The SOUL does not take Birth or Death . SOUL only changes his old physical form or body to New physical form or body to attain new experiences and gather inner knowledge by hisKarma , which are needed to attain Nirvana or Moksha.
This is the answer of the remaining Philosophic part of the First question.
Before answering the Second Question I am trying to discuss some points for the further reference of this Note.
1) Physical Body is only the Matrix or Womb or Outer covering of SOUL.
2) Ancient Veda beautifully explain the reletionship of Body,Brain and Soul.
3) Veda compare the Physical body with the chariot.
4) Our Five sense organs (Eye, Ear , Nose,Tounge and Skin) are compared with the five horses of the chariot whose direction are controlled by the Chariot`s driver or our Brain.
5) Soul is compare with the king or owner of the chariot who start his/her journey on the chariot. King or owner of the chariot deliver his order to the driver of the chariot to reach his destined place. Like SOUL also give order to the brain to reach SOUL`S destiny.
6) Brain only work as a mediator who control our sense organs and physical body to attain or fulfill SOUL`S order.
7) Without SOUL brain, sense organ ,Physical body are meaningless and fall to death.
Q>2>Ans> "Everything Start from Nothing" . I think that is the answer of the second question, You may think that it is the riddle but believe me this is the ultimate truth, which I try to describe here with its Scientific And Philosophic point of view (According to Hindu Vedic Texts).
- Here "Nothing" mean only its physical aspect or which cannot be detected by our physical sense organs.According to the scientific Astro-Physics point of view just before the Big-Bang everything present in the Quantum-Measure, (Quantum : The smallest amount of a physical quantity that can exist independently) into near singularity with infinite(Huge) density and temperature.Everything what are needed to form the universe (Light,Stars,Matter,Gases,Neutrinos , Helium,Hydrogen Dark Matter and Dark energy) present in very primitive and Quantum level may be in a primitive shell or in a Cosmic Egg (Imaginery View ).
- Dark Energy and Dark Matter :More is unknown than is known. We know how much dark energy there is because we know how it affects the Universe's expansion. Other than that, it is a complete mystery. But it is an important mystery. It turns out that roughly 70% of the Universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 25%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the Universe. Come to think of it, maybe it shouldn't be called "normal" matter at all, since it is such a small fraction of the Universe.
- According to the Modern Astro-Physicists Dark energy provide the main source of energy of the Expanding Universe.Dark energy prevent from the contraction of our universe by the opposite forces like Gravity ect.
- This is the summery of the Modern scientific view of Before and after the creation of our universe. Now I describe the Ancient Vedic view about the creation and development of our universe.
1. The Hindu Ancient Vedic cosmology and timeline is the closest to modern scientific timelines and even more which might indicate that the Big Bang is not the beginning of everything but just the start of the present cycle preceded by an infinite number of universes and to be followed by another infinite number of universes. The Rig Veda questions the origin of the cosmos in: "Neither being (sat) nor non-being was as yet. What was concealed? And where? And in whose protection?…Who really knows? Who can declare it? Whence was it born, and whence came this creation? The devas were born later than this world's creation, so who knows from where it came into existence? None can know from where creation has arisen, and whether he has or has not produced it. He who surveys it in the highest heavens, he alone knows-or perhaps does not know." (Rig Veda 10. 129).
2. According to the Vedic cosmology There is No Beginning and No End , Creation (Biginning) and Destruction (End) of the universe continuously occuring in a repeatative circular manner very much like the Birth ---->Attaining old age-----> Death circle of our Physical Body till our SOUL attain Nirvana.
3. During the stage of "NOTHING" (Before the creation) Supreme soul (Original Entity or source of Every soul in the universe) or "GOD" may be present in Non-Physical form or in"Aprakash" (Non Exsist form) state. Just after the "Big Bang" this Supreme Soul fragmented into billions of Smaller Souls and took its physical form ("Prakash" Exsist form) and thus the Universe created.After the creation of Universe it needs costant supply of energy to prosper the which may be the energy of Billions of Fragmented SOULS who started their Journey in Physical form to attain Nirvana (Unification with Supreme Soul or God) . After the unification of those billions of Fragmented souls with the Supreme Soul all Physical forms (Matter, Energy, Lifeforms, Gases, Forces,Dark Matter and Dark Energy) become Non-Physical and destroyed that is the end of our known Universe.
4.This Creation and Destruction of our universe occuring in repeatative circular form through the start and end of multiple universes .Therefore Ancient Veda stated that "There is no End or Beginning"of our universe.
5. The puranic view asserts that the universe is created, destroyed, and re-created in an eternally repetitive series of cycles. In Hindu cosmology, a universe endures for about 4,320,000,000 years (one day of Brahma, the creator or kalpa) and is then destroyed by fire or water elements. At this point, Brahmarests for one night, just as long as the day. This process, named pralaya (Cataclysm), repeats for 100 Brahma years (311 Trillion, 40 Billion Human Years) that represents Brahma's lifespan. It must be noted that Brahma is the creator but not necessarily regarded as God in Hinduism. He is mostly regarded as a creation of God .
6. We are currently believed to be in the 51st year of the present Brahma and so about 156 trillion years have elapsed since He was born as Brahma. After Brahma's "death", it is necessary that another 100 Brahma years (311 Trillion, 40 Billion Years) pass until a new Brahma is born and the whole creation begins anew. This process is repeated again and again, forever.
|Trimurti : Lord Brahma - Creator of Universe, Lord Vishnu - Preserver of Universe and Lord Shiva - Destroyer for Initiation of New Age|
After the Formation of our Vast Universe only Life originated only one of the Blessed Planet Known as MOTHER EARTH
(Till Today according to the latest Scientific Knowledge Life originated only on Earth).At First I discuss "Origin Of Life" on scientific perspective which are:-
1) EARLY EARTH AND ITS ATMOSPHERE:
Billions of years ago steller explosions ripped through our galaxy, leaving behind the dense cloud of dust and gas that extended trillions of kilometers in space. In time theimmense cloud cooled and countless bit of matter gravitated toward one another.By about 4.6 billion yearsago, the cloud had contracted back on itself and was now flattened disk of rotating
slowly through space.Temparatures at dense center of the disk became extremly high, driving the fusion between the nuclei of coliding atoms of hydrogen and, to lesser extent, Helium, thus thermonuclear chain reaction began that would feed themselves for the next 10 billion years; the sun was born a luminous star.
Further out from the center of the disk, the earth and other planets were also forming under gravitational forces.At first
the earth may heve been cold, homogenous mass.However contraction and radioactive heating would have made its core
increasingly dense and hot.By 3.8 billion years ago, the earth was hurtling through space as a thin crusted inferno.
Long before life appeared in that forbidding place, gases trapped beneath the thin crust or formed during reactions in the earth`s molten interior were being forced to the ouside those emissions were the start of an early atmosphere. Although more than 20% of the air we breathe today is oxygen, there probably very little of this gas on early earth.The near absence of free oxygen was probably the prerequisite for the origin of life.Many of the molecules on which life is based (including amino acids and nucleotides) cannot assemble spontaneously in the presence of free oxygen, which attaches to and chemically alter them.
Another prerequisite for the origin of life was the presence of liquid water; all of activities associated with life cannot proceed for long without it.Certainly a tremendous amount of water vapor would have been released from the breakdown of rocks during volcanic eruptions.But as fast as water vapor condensed into the early atmosphere, it would have evaporated in the intense heat blanketing the rumbling crust.Most likely the liquid water acumulated only after the surface cooled enough for it to rain.When the rain began, so began the stripping of mineral salts from the perched rocks, and salt-laden waters collected where basins had formed in the crust.
2) SPONTANEOUS ASSEMBLY:
The four major questions that lead us to the process of origin of life are:-
- What were physical and chemical conditions like at the time of origin?
- Based on known physical, chemical,and evolutionary principles,could life have originated sponteniosly under those conditions?
- Can we postulate a sequence of events by which the first living systems developed?
- Can we devise experiments to test wheather that sequence could indeed have taken place?
Spontaneous Assembly of Organic Compounds:
Lightning, hot volcanic ash, even shock waves have enough energy to drive the assembly of carbon containing compounds. We know this from the pioneering experiments of Stanley Miller and Harold Urey, as Well as from the later work of many other chemists. In 1953 for example, Miller set up a reaction chamber containing a mixture of Hydrogen,Methane, Ammonia and water.For a week he kept the mixture recirculating.All the while, he bombered it with a continuous spark discharge to stimulate lightning as an energy source.By the week`s end, he found organic molecules had formed, including many kind of amino acids.
Such experiments have been repeated many times, with variation with elements, gas mixtures, and energy sources. The result show that all building blocks in living systems including lipid, sugers amino acids, and nucleotides can form under abiotic conditions. In addition when inorganic phosphate is present in the starting mixture, ATP will form.The molecule is involved in energy transfers in all living systems.
3) FIRST SELF REPLICATING SYSTEMS:
Given the 300 million years available for it to happen, large quantities of organic material probably accumulated in the shallow waters of the earth.What sequence of events led from this orgnic "soup" to self replicating systems? in living cells
these systems include DNA and RNA. The proteins themselves are essential for self replication.Many are important structural materials and others are enzymes, which greatly increase the rate of chemical reactions.All the reaction needed to maintain and reproduce even the simplest cell could not proceed fast enough without enzymes.So we can rephrase our earlier question: How did the " DNA ----> RNA --------> Protein" system originate? we do not yet have the answer to this question, although researcher are giving us some interesting things to think about.
4) CELL MEMBRANE FORMATION:
William Hargreaves and David Dreamer have proposed that lipids must have been important in the origin and evolution of biological membranes.Although exisisting memebrane lipids are structurally complex, these workers have experimentally produced membranes from simple lipids having only single hydrocarbon tails and water soluble heads.These lipids form Liposomes (microscopic closed sacs filled with water) with following properties:-
- Self assembly into spheres.
- Formation of aqueous compartments within the spheres.
- Ion permeability, water permeability.
- Fluidity and elasticity.
All of these properties are cahracteristically of lipids that contribute to cell memebrane function.
These and other experiments suggest that membranes as well as the self replicating systems they enclose could have arisen through spontaneous but inevitable chemical events.Whatever the sequence of chemical events, the first living cells that did appear on earth were probably little more than membrane-bound sacs containing the nucleic acids that served as templates for protein synthesis.
5) PROKARYOTIC CELLS:
Bacterial cells are said to be prokaryotic because they do not have a nucleus.The word means before the nucleus and it implies that some form of bacteria existed on earth before the evolution of nucleated cells. All bacteria are prokaryotic,
including the cyanobacteria(blue green algae).
6) EUKARYOTIC CELLS:
All cells except bacteria are eukaryotic. They contain many organelles, which are membranous sacs,envelopes, and other
compartmented portions of the cytoplasm.The most conspicuous organelle is the nucleus (eukaryotic means " True nucleus").
No chemical apparatus in the world can match the eukaryotic cell for the sheer number of chemical reactions that proceed in so small a space.Many of the reactions are incompatible.For example, a starch molecule can be synthesized by some reactions proceeded simultaneously on the same molecule.
Hinduism includes a range of viewpoints about the origin of life, creationism and evolution. The accounts of the emergence of life within the universe vary in description, but classically the god Brahma, from a Trimurti of three gods also including Vishnu and Shiva, is described as performing the act of 'creation', or more specifically of 'propagating life within the universe' with the other two deities being responsible for 'preservation' and 'destruction' (of the universe) respectively. Some Hindu schools do not regard the scriptural creation myth as a literal truth, and often the creation stories themselves do not go into specific detail, thus leaving open the possibility of incorporating at least some theories in support of evolution. Some Hindus find support for, or foreshadowing of evolutionary ideas in scriptures, namely the Vedas.
According to Vedic view of origin of life that :-
After the Creation of Universe "Supreme God" changes his form from Oneness (Adaiyta) toTwinness (Daiyata) The 1) Purusha and 2) Prakiti.
Purusha (pure consciousness) then fragmented into billions of forms (Souls) .
1) when “Prakiti” (Nonliving matters like stones, mountain, metals, Elements in periodic table Five Major Substance like 1) Air 2) Water 3) Light 4) Earth 5) Sky or Khiti , Apo ,Teja , Marut ,Baum ( Panch –Tatwa according to Veda)) connect with "Purusha" (pure consciousness) forms Life.
2) Every Non-Living (According to modern science) can transfer into Living- Organism with the addition of “God`s Particle” Which is may be “Soul”.
3) Before The Creation of Universe God or Supreme Soul was Single or Adaitya (Singularity), after the origin Supreme Soul become Fragmented into Billions of smaller souls as “Prakiti” (Non-Living) then suddenly game of life started when Supreme Soul connect the “Prakiti” with “Purusha” (pure consciousness), Then only life started its Journey On the Earth.
4) After the “Origin of Life” started regeneration of those species .
5) According to Hindu Vedic Theory life Regenerate and Pass through the process of Evolution. According to Vedic Philosophy Before the Human Birth Soul pass through more than Billions of different body and Species
(Animals likePlants,Protozoa,Bacteria,Worms ,Insect, other Invertibrates, Fish, Amphibians, Reptile,Bird,Mammal) .
(Animals likePlants,Protozoa,Bacteria,Worms ,Insect, other Invertibrates, Fish, Amphibians, Reptile,Bird,Mammal) .
6) Every Non-Living thing in this world can easily interchange into living-being, Because in presence “Purusha” it initiate some complex chemical processes which was emerges as Life.
Q>3>Ans> After going through all these discussions atlast we come to the concluding part of this note. Here I try to throw some light in some aspects of Science (Physics) and vedic philosophy through my very little knowledge which may help my readers to search the answer of this ultimate Question.
According to my belief no person in the world cannot fully answer this question because this cannot be written in any language of the world but only you have to feel the answer through your "SOUL" by the experiences you gather during the repeatative circle of Birth and Death.
The Scientific Aspects:
Albert Einstein proposed mass–energy equivalence in 1905 in one of his Annus Mirabilis papers entitled "Does the inertia of a body depend upon its energy-content?"The equivalence is described by the famous equation:
E = m c^2
where E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light in a vacuum.Whole World`s scientific community become stunned upon this simple but great formula .The enormous applications of this formula is limitless till today.
Few days after the formula emerge, French Physicist Antoine Henri Becquerel discover Radiation energy from Uranium like radioactive substance.
Then Polish Physicist and Chemist Marie Curie also discover two new radioactive substances Like Radium and Polonium. the major characteristics of these radioactive substance are:-
1) These substances releases energy in radiation like a) Alpha b) Beta c) Gamma forms. These forms are arrange in their energy power of radiation from lowest to highest.
2)This highly energised radiation even cause harm and biological mutation in any living species (Human also).
3) Radioactive substances stabilize their atomic-structure by releasing radiation energy.
4) Radioactive substance become solid proof of The Albert Einstein`s Formula E = m c^2 , because these substances release increasing amount of Radiation Energy with reducing mass. the Amount of Mass of these substances change into radiation energy, is its reduced amount of mass.
Therefore Mass and Energy are only two different forms of the same entity. Any mass of any matter in this universe is the concentrated form of energy.
According to the modern science if the Big Bang was true then at that point the whole energy of the Universe was unified into Very High Density Singular form.After the big Bang this unified supreme energy was fragmented into every matter(Living and Non living) of universe .
So it is proven that every matter (Living and non living) in this huge universe were came in exsistance from the supreme unified energy source at the time of Big Bang.
Living species are nothing but resultant expression or effect of the billions of unified reactions of molecules (Ex: Nucleotides forming DNA and RNA, Protein synthesis, Glycolysis, Photosynthesis etc)
The atomic bomb invented by hundred of renowned Physicist of round the world in a secret project named Manhattan Project initiated by America during World War. This Invention was also the first Practical application of the formula .
Atomic Bomb was made by the Radioactive substance called Uranium. After achieving the critical mass that initiate chain reaction and causes release of astronomical amount of energy and Heat within a very small
During the testing of first atomic bomb explosion at Bikini Attol in America scientist Openheimer Compared it only with the “ Biswarup Darshan” from the Ancient Hindu Vedic Test “Gita” every creation in the universe need energy for their exsistance or living , like Human and other species need Kalorie (unit of body energy ) to do everydays work. This energy can be found on our daily food source like Vegetables,Fruits,flesh of Fish, Goat, Chicken etc. Without the constant energy source nothing can be survived in the universe.
Sun is the constant energy source of every living being on the Earth. Sun give us light,heat and energy for photosynthesis in plants.
Sun and planets are the part of the Universe and also come into exsistance just after the Big Bang from the unified supreme energy . This supreme energy is the ultimate source all energy in the every matter (Living or Non living) within the Universe.
This Supreme Unified energy may be known as GOD.
If we believe that every matter (Living and Non Living) in the universe are nothing but a very tiny fragment of this Supreme unified energy source (GOD) then the unified form of every matter (Living and non living)are the main raw material in the structure of “Unified Supreme Energy” or “GOD”.
Very tiny fragment of energy of “Supreme God” present in every matter (Living and Non Living) in the Universe.
If we are the outcome of GOD`s creation then GOD would be the unified form of Us.
If “GOD” define us the we also unitedly define “GOD”.
In all Ancient Vedic Text and other religious texts this simple conclusion written that “ GOD present in every forms of matter s(Living and Non living) of the Universe.
Lord Krishna Tried to explain and visualize this supreme energy source of the Universe to the Arjuna in “Biswarup Darshan” form during the eve of the great ancient “Kukukshetra War”.
Om Sri Sri Stristimata Swargrachaita